This was a quick one. Phil was looking for a mirror for the shop so I found him this one. It was nice, dont get me wrong but it has this plastic laminate that looked a bit …. naff…. The first thing to do is give it a light sanding so that the paint can take hold.
It was a delicate job and as I am not all that delicate I rushed it. Sometimes it works well like that especially if you are upcycling as you cant get too precious about it. Instead of a paintbrush I cut up some foam into strips. If you cut them with a razor into thin strips you get a lot of control. Its important to have one spare to mop up any mistakes.. I started on green and then decided that it needed a second coat.That done, I painted the roses red.. the daisies white and… went over it all again. The end product took about 20 minutes to half an hour. I think it looked quiet good for an upcycled mirror.
The table in the main picture can be seen here